Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Four Favs

Here is one of the most recent items I have.  In this I learned a couple of things. I figured out how to get a little more depth in my coloring by switching a couple of settings on the main tool that I use in my shading process.  I was also able figure out a better way to do the coloring, especially the lines, for Power Girl as well.  Seems simple in retrospect, but switching the lines to a light blue color for the white portion of her costume makes an enormous difference. I was also able to finally figure out a way to provide the glow for the lasso, and a better way to do the armor for Black Canary and Batwoman.  Had I done this earlier, the black in their costumes would have been shinier, giving a cheap plastic-y look to it.  I'm glad I figured out to bring the white down a bit and darken the entirety of the black.  They should blend into a black background. Now they do. Lines by Brad A. VanLerberg, colors by me using Adobe Photoshop CS3.

No comments:

Post a Comment